Friday, April 04, 2014

Al Green process...

This is a little personal painting I've spent the last week on. I decided to give it the monochrome treatment, to give it that vintage feel. I glazed in a very subtle orange-brown around the central line of the face (forehead to the tip of the chin) just to give it that bit of glow, which I think adds more character to the face. In all honesty the most difficult aspect of the painting was the initial drawing. After that early hurdle it all seemed to flow rather smoothly. It must have been Al himself encouraging me subconsciously... "Sometimes in our lives, we all have pain, we all have sorrow. But, if we are wise, we know that there's always tomorrow. Lean on me, when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on..." Thanks Al :)

No comments: