Friday, May 09, 2008

Thoughts




This is one of my sketch book drawings that I decided to work-up because it would be good fun to do and it was an excuse to draw some animals I've never drawn before. Plus there is a slight homage to Greek mythology slipped in as well. There was plenty of freedom with this pic and I enjoyed playing with the different 'characters' emerging from the cranium. Some of the characters changed along the way but the composition remained pretty constant throughout. One of the main changes came with the addition of the boar or warthog. I initially had an over-sized ant in his place. However I decided that one insect was enough. But more importantly the boar balanced the pic out and gave that side of the drawing more 'weight' and substance and I think its much better for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pic, reminds me of greek mythology, fantasy. Particularly like the faces, simple but work really well.

Anonymous said...

Just had a comment from another artist...
really good, very Dali esq!