Saturday, March 06, 2010

Snippets from new book, "Fragments"





Here is a sneak preview of the new book paintings I've been working on for the last few weeks. They are completely finished as of now, but I cannot reveal them completely until the book is published, which should be at the end of the summer.
The book is a collaborative project, inspired by the themes of Nightmares and Fairytales. Each artist (20 altogether, including my good self) had three pages to weave their creative dreamscapes on this great subject.
Initially I was to illustrate two fairytales and one nightmare scene. However, it was decided that my nightmare image was to be sacrificed in favour of a double page spread instead. This has turned out to be a very wise decision indeedy.
I have included the nightmare drawing, as there is no harm in showing the rejected image.
Full, unabridged paintings to be revealed soon. Watch this space.

No comments: